letters

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lessons

Dear Son, My Love,

It is 7. 43 am, 16th April 2009. Mama learnt a precious lesson in Love and humility early, rather early, this morning. From you? A three year old? But when did Wisdom depend on one's age?

Mama ended her usual sermon that goes like "Eat your mum-mum, be a good boy" etc. with an "I love you, Son". Indignant, you said "Mama, you always saying I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you". Mama was confused. She retorted, "Ok, I'll not say it to you anymore". But your reply left your Mama speechless. "No Mama, you say I love you and you love me too"

How could Mama forget YOUR Love, Son? Or did she think you are not capable of Love at 3? Perhaps you alone have realized that Love is respect, of caring for others. Perhaps Mama has failed her test of humility.

Mama
posted by Sujatha at 7:13 PM

2 Comments:

Suji, children (esp. one's own children) are such that they teach us a lot of things that we either never knew, or knew but never thought to probe/understand...I'm learning to love/live from Dhruv...your post was well...I don't have words to express how it touched my heartstrings....

April 15, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

Thanks Rohini. I knew you'd understand.

April 15, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home