letters

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Deliberately left incomplete......

My dear, dear son.....

Where do I start of? How do I end? I feel like pouring my heart out to you...talk of my life, my dreams, aspirations, my sufferings, my anguish, my pain , my very being....but how do I? You are my son, my baby , my lifeline, part of my flesh and blood...I am not around to protect you and to shelter you from the storms of life...to cherish, to keep alive your smile even in the darkest hours of life...I couldn't. Death, the vile one, came by stealth and stole my breath away. But my love, your mother will fight ...for your sake alone....I will never leave you to the ravages of the world, never alone and never ever lonely. Every day you wish I were around, believe that I am around you; weeping in your disappointments…I shall smile heartily at your rejoicing. Only that you may not be able to see me or even hear me. You shall always feel my presence. I read the Little Prince as a child….and I believe as the book advocates that the most beautiful things in life are often the ones we cannot see. “What makes the desert beautiful is the fact that it hides a well somewhere”. Do not let the world and its people hurt you son, with all its myopia, and its mundane prosaicness. People haven’t learnt yet to rise above themselves. You certainly shall. Because you are my son. I have known unbounded happiness when I have heard your laughter son, I have throbbed with the pulse of life when you have lovingly looked into my eyes and called me “Amma”, I have survived days by the strength of the love we have borne each other and I have lived a life called “you”. Believe in yourself son, because you have made such a difference to my life and you have been blessed with the ability to bring such joy into your mother’s life. If parent’s blessings do count, remember, your mother can only quote Browning…

“My whole heart rises up to bless
Your name in pride and thankfulness!”

I shall walk every step of your life with you…my soul inseparably entwined with yours…
posted by Sujatha at 4:03 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home