letters

Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Mail To Him

We all live in fear. Not a fear of the immediate threats, but a fear of the unknown, a fear of the unnamed, the unseen, the abstract. That is probably the reason why we fear death, because it’s a journey into the unknown, though you the materialist, may say, our fear is because our self ends with death. i don’t agree, buts that’s besides the point. So it is in this constant sense of fear that we all live and die. We are born into it....the infant cries to convey every sensation, hunger, fatigue, pain and to fulfill every need. These are his fears. Then we learn a false sense of comfort, the mother's bosom, a caring touch, a lulling voice. And we forget. The original fear we were born into. Hence, every time we leave the comfort of a security, the security of a relationship, the relationship with a loved one, it's this fear that grips and churns the heart, clutches the soul. I cannot reassure you my friend, because you are a materialist and I know not the future. But I can tell you that I walk the path with you, as do the rest of humanity. This fear resides in every man that was born and that will be born. A few, very few, have risen above this fear and it is their names that shine in the golden pages of history. I shall pray that you be one of those but let me caution you yet, that even these "chosen few" have only risen above this fear, not vanquished it. So, my friend, weep not, if the fear consumes u, do not demean yourself for living in fear, learn that it is but the inevitable. Then maybe, if you are lucky, you may realize that 'all u have to fear is the fear itself'.
--
Love,

Sujatha.

"Love me like a lovely dream..." --Flavien Ranaivo

posted by Sujatha at 11:56 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home