letters

Monday, December 31, 2007

Be My Woman...The Reply

Come into my fold
I shall impart you my soul
Infuse you with my own life breath
Teach you tenderness and combat;
Philosophy and poetry; rhyme and rhythm
Make you in my own likeliness
As you call me "Mother".

Storm into my cognizance
I shall share with you my playthings
Lend you my friendship, my faith
Teach you fights and forgiveness
Chiding and childhood; turmoil and trust
As you cling on to my tresses
And call me thine beloved - “Sister”.

Wander into my life
I shall wipe your bitter tears
Offer you my soul; my gauzy dreams laid bare
Teach you my love and hatred
Pains and pleasures; vices and virtues
Evince the hues of heaven
Be your treasured, cherished “Missus”

Forgive you I shall not-
The scathing infidelities thine
As you took the sheen of my soul
And tossed it nonchalantly aside
Hurt and humiliation, anguish and ache
I was accorded; they remain mine
And I shall remain yours, “Remorse”.
posted by Sujatha at 5:30 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home